Monday, April 9, 2007

A cold start

It's Monday, and it's cold in Toronto today, and I'm still figuring out what I'm doing here. In a few weeks I'm hoping that this will evolve into something meaningful. Maybe I'll share some music with you, maybe pictures, maybe complaints about the streetcar driver, or the cats which still don't get along after 6 months, or the people downstairs who apparently couldn't be bothered with birth control. They can, however, be bothered with incense and a didgeridoo... but this isn't about them. This is me, I guess. Maybe the goal is to find out what I have this is worth saying, and sharing. I guess the real reason I'm starting this - at least the short answer - is that it was swell to actually have 2 days off in a row, and not wanting to go outside today (it's amazing how cold 1 stupid degree can feel after recently experiencing double digits) I found myself in front of the screen, contemplating what would keep me busy today. And after the first 36 hours of not working, well, creating this was about it. I've taken to even procrastinating from my procrastination: there's about 5 cds I've been meaning to burn for people, a wedding speech to write (I've still got 5 months to work on it) and I guess I really ought to return to that novel I was trying to write... I've actually gotten a lot further tonight with this (for a neophyte) than I thought I would, but pretty soon the key will go in the lock, and then I'll have to create some magic for H with the leftovers in the fridge...

So, anyway. Welcome. It'll take me a while to fill in the blanks, as it were, so be patient. This is going to be a gas.

In the meantime, I'm ghoing to see if this part works, and try posting an mp3:

Art Brut - Modern Art

It makes me want to rock out too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the addictive world of blogging!!!

Good luck...and a big thanks for the mention.

JC
aka The Vinyl Villain

myron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.