Friday, August 31, 2007

A Wedding in Picton

So, a few weeks ago - August 11, to be exact - we spent the weekend out in lovely Picton, Ontario for the wedding of our lovely friends Alex and Meredith. The countryside of eastern Ontario can not be beat, and the weather co-operated to supply a beautiful scene for the weekend. For the venue, they rented a farmhouse for the week, and set up facilities outside. The property features a couple of barns, and the ceremony was held in their shade. A large tent was filled with dining tables for dinner, and an additional tent sheltered the dance floor. There was a bluegrass band, and later on the DJ-stylings of Gabe.

We all go to weddings, and invariably have a good time, but I do think it's rare to have an experience as thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying as this. All the choices were perfect, from venue (a gorgeous house in the country) to the food (locally provided, and delicious) to the drinks (wine from the local Sandbanks winery, highly recommended) and the people. The mix of young and old was perfect, the weather completely cooperated, hey there was even a meteor shower that night around 2 in the morning. You could not have asked for a better weekend.

Oh yeah, and the bride and groom made a perfect choice in each other, as well. Congratulations, and thank you for making us a part of it.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

My boyfriend and I are thinking about marrying in Picton / Prince Edward County this summer. Since we live in Germany (I am German but my boyfriend is Canadian) it is not easy to plan the day, especially to find a great location. I would be very happy if someone had a reccomendation. Many thanks!

myron said...

Hi Yvonne. If you click on the "view my complete profile" tab at the top of this page, and select "email", you can email me directly and I would be happy to give you some details about accomodations and so on. It was a beautiful weekend in a beautiful part of the province. My friend who got married there made of her own arrangements, and she may be a useful resource.

Usmle Step 1 said...

I have purchased Usmle Step 1 from http://www.usmleworldwide.com and i am pretty much satisfied from their prices and service. On the top of all, after sale service is unprecedented. So if someone is looking to purchase used books for usmle exam preparation then I would suggest them to check this website.